The brief was to create a new pavilion and first class wicket for Stirling County Cricket Club, replacing their original home, adjacent to the new High School of Stirling. Stirling County, founded in 1862, is one of the oldest Cricket Clubs in the UK.
The principles of the design are to create a simple timber clad box which responds to the requirements of the cricket club and the existing site conditions. The pavilion is organised to provide maximum visual connection to the 10 and 6 wicket pitches from both the club room and bar.
The new facility was successfully completed and opened in June 2008. Cricket Scotland have already complimented the quality of the facilities and stated that it may be possible to hold international games in the next few years. The building has won several architectural awards.