Our Edinburgh Studio is looking for an Administrative Assistant
Our Edinburgh studio is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our expanding team!
Secretarial and Administrative Support
- Provide a high quality secretarial and organisational support service working closely with one other admin assistant
- Word processing correspondence and reports
- Prepare presentations
- Organise and maintain effective filing systems
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic email correspondence
- Responsibility for dealing with maintenance of office equipment and ordering stationery
- Email and Phone Call Management
- Filter general queries, phone calls and invitations by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective electronic email filing systems
- Diary and Travel Management
- Ensure busy diary commitments and travel arrangements are managed effectively including assessing priority of appointments, reallocation as necessary and troubleshooting problems
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the directors to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations, and other requests
- Coordinating and arranging video and conference calls
- Liaise with relevant individuals and external organisations to arrange meetings, organise schedules, prepare agendas and draft minutes
- Making travel arrangements and booking accommodation
- Meeting and Event Management
- Provide support for an extensive range of meetings.
- Planning, managing, and organising client and staff events and providing administrative support such as sending invitations, booking venues and arranging transportation
- Assist in the preparation of bid submissions including formatting of documents, selecting images, identifying CVs and sourcing case studies
- Production of bid presentation material
- Ensure all bids are submitted timeously and are of consistent quality as per client instructions
- Follow directors' instructions on any other bid tasks
- Update and post all relevant social media posts and assist in the update of the website in conjunction with other colleagues in the office.
- Self-motivated, proactive, a quick learner, highly organised and able to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision. Familiarity working in a dynamic environment is necessary. Furthermore, excellent communication, coordination skills and ability to deal confidentially with information are important.
- A minimum of five years admin experience in a professional and demanding environment requiring tact, judgment, and discretion in handling internal and external contacts. Experience within the construction/architectural sector would be advantageous.
- Use of the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Adobe Acrobat.
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent typing skills, good computer literacy speed and accuracy essential.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to maintain balance among multiple priorities, with attention to detail and quality delivery.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Experience of diary management, researching and booking of travel and accommodation.
- Take-up of additional responsibilities and challenges.
- Proactive and flexible in approach.
Please apply by submitting your resumé along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or S1 Jobs. If applicable, please feel free to attach any relevant examples of previous work up to a maximum size of 3MGB.
No agencies please.
jmarchitects is enthusiastically committed to promoting equality and diversity.